The incidence of chemical and heavy metal toxicity has reached epidemic proportions. In a 2009 study, The Environmental Working Group reported an average of 232 environmental chemicals in the umbilical cord blood of pregnant mothers.
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis biopsies report an average of 1.5 mcg of aluminum being eliminated through the hair and soft tissues of most adults.
Conventional dentistry accounts for insidious sources of toxicity from mercury-containing dental amalgams, root canals, non-biocompatible implants and cavitations. Each metal filling contains 50% mercury as well as copper and nickel, which are both toxic to the body at certain amounts.
Maintaining normal detoxification processes in the body is becoming increasingly more necessary in order for adequate health to be possible. It is the aim of this website to provide safe and effective methods for the attainment of optimal health. This can only be achieved when sources of toxicity are eliminated and the body is given the opportunity to heal.
- Once you have achieved a stable nutrition practice that consists of consuming high quality foods that are right for your type of metabolism, it is very important to eliminate insidious sources of toxicity and to eliminate these poisons from your body. After this has been established, effectively detoxifying the gastrointestinal tract of toxins and accumulate waste is the first step. Basic colon cleansing herbs can be a very powerful way to begin this process. First, initiate 2-3 well formed bowel movements per day. If this is not currently happening, taking herbal laxatives such as cascara sagrada and senna leaf is a good first step. If you have sensitive intestines or GI tract, taking aloe vera leaf can prevent such irritation. After 2 days of having 2 or more bowel movements, begin to ingest bulking herbs: psyllium husk fiber, activated charcoal and hydrated bentonite clay with plenty of additional water. Bentonite and charcoal are particularly beneficial for absorbing toxins inside of the gut. Start out with 1 tablespoon of psyllium, 1 tablespoon bentonite and a small amount of charcoal. Do this 3-5 times daily. When ingesting, take this with at least 16 ounces of purified water each time. At this same time, take 2 capsules of cascara sagrada and 2 capsules of senna leaf per 2-3 times daily. The next day if you do not have a major increase in the size and amount of bowel movements, increase the dose of cascara sagrada and senna leaf.Do this for at least 5 days. In some cases, a rigorous colon cleanse can be done for 3-4 weeks. If a person is very toxic, try doing colon hydrotherapy once per week in addition to the herbs.
- As you are detoxifying the colon and GI tract, induce daily sweating through sauna therapy. This will help purify the lymphatic system as well as initiate the excretion of toxins through the skin. Infrared saunas may be of greater benefit than rock saunas and steam saunas.
- After 2-14 days of colon detoxification, begin working on the liver. Consume 1-2 cups of organic, extra virgin olive oil daily for 2 days. On the 2nd day, continue taking the olive oil, but also add raw garlic, turmeric and organic apple juice or tomato juice. The amount of these can be increased or decreased for each person. Do this for 4-5 days. After 4-5 days, take Liver Life by Bioray in order to initiate phase 2 liver detoxification. Start at a low dose and gradually build. Do this with the guidance of a qualified nutritionist or herbalist.
- Continue doing sauna therapy. If you can still add another component, do a daily coffee enema. Only use organic coffee that is body temperature. Click HERE for instructions.
- After this process, re-implant the GI tract with probiotic bacteria. Take a high quality strain of probiotics such as those made by Osumex, Bioray, Mega Foods or Garden of Life. Cycle on the probiotic for 7-10 days. Balanced gut flora levels correlate with a stronger immune function as well as a greater degree of immunity from toxic metals.