Given the possibility of radioactive contamination from the Fukushima plant disaster, I have been feverishly trying to pull together as much as possible in the way of protecting myself from the potential damage inflicted by radioactive isotopes. I have been researching several manuals and texts that address protecting from radioactive particles.
It is difficult to tell at this stage of the game how much radioactive iodine, cesium and strontium will be released from the initial cloud headed towards the west coast. It appears that if a full meltdown of the plant takes place, there will be significant amounts of radioactive waste in the atmosphere.
My sources for this include a former military contractor who worked as a uranium prospector, as well as his sources which include nuclear physicists. Many believe that the amount of radiation that will make it to the mainland of the U.S. will not be substantial. I hope that this is the case, but I choose to be prepared as best as I can.
Please also consider that government agencies do not want disclosure of potential risks due to the fact that doing so may invoke panic, hysteria and chaos. So it becomes very challenging what to believe. Do your own research and make the best preventative decisions.
I have been using this site to track up to date levels of radiation in the U.S:
I have come to believe firmly that potassium iodate is NOT going to be enough to protect from an onslaught of radiation. Potassium iodate will ONLY PROTECT THE THYROID. There are far more organs, glands and systems in the body that can and will be damaged by radioactive particulate.
It is important not to panic here. Realize that if you are not able to obtain potassium iodate you will still have protection from the potential damage from radioactive waste if you follow a list of the most potent radioactive protective isolates, nutrients and herbal formulae that have been studied. According to Russell Blaylock, MD as well as the work of Emanuel Revici, MD, the most devastating effects induced by radioactive isotopes is massive lipid peroxidation and the formation of ultra-pathological fatty acids. The result is intense free radical production and cellular destruction. Taking large amounts of cell protective antioxidants may protect your cells from radioactive-induced breakdown.
Some of these have been tested after Chernobyl as well as laboratory mice.
Foods & Supplements That Protect From Radiation
- Potassium Iodide – Should be taken upto 130mg for adults. Take before radioactive exposure or upto 6 hours after exposure. If taken for longer that 6 hours after exposure, there will be no protective benefit. If taking potassium iodide, have calcium supplementation on hand as this form of iodine may induce allergic reactions. Follow this link for more:http://www.answers.com/topic/potassium-iodide-ki-tablets#ixzz1GgJ0grDs
- Chlorella – Best brands to use: NDF (Bioray), Biopure, Sun A Chlorella. Chlorella has been demonstrated to have a powerfully protective effect against radioactive isotopes of many kinds. After the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, chlorella saved thousands of lives. 5-7 grams (or more) can be taken. The best time may be before a meal.
- Iodine Rich Foods: Kelp, sea vegetables, nori, etc. If ingesting high amounts, take with chlorella as sea vegetation may be contaminated with mercury.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) absorbs uranium very well and should be used to de-contaminate produce before ingesting.
- Bentonite Clay is a very common intestinal cleansing formula which was used in Chernobyl with incredible success. It was dumped on the plant at Chernobyl and incredibly mopped up radioactive particles. Bentonite does contain aluminum and should be taken with chlorella if ingested. Bentonite should also be used topically to pull positively charged metals from the surface of the body.
- Activated Charcoal Tablets when ingested will help to bind and chelate radiation.
- Epsom Salt Bath Bathing in epsom salts pulls radiation off of the body. Add 1 pound of epsom salts to hot water and soak for 20-25 minutes. Afterwards, do not wash off for 4- 8 hours
- Vitamin C (buffered) & E (natural form) protects and maintains cell membrane integrity. As mentioned earlier, cell membrane function is compromised from radioactivity.
- Beta Glucans 1/3, 1/6 powerfully stimulating to the immune system and stimulate bone marrow formation as well as macrophages.
- Curcumin (from Turmeric) Demonstrated to have powerful antioxidant effects and protected laboratory mice from radiation. Curcumin also raises glutathione levels
- Nucleotide Rich Foods: Chlorella, Spirulina, Algae, Brewer’s yeast, liver, sardines, anchovies, kelp Nucleotides are purines, the basis of all DNA and RNA. Premier Research Labs makes a very high potency nucleotide complex.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Researchers at Chernobyl found that ALA produced a substantial reduction of genetic damage inflicted by radiation. In these studies, Clastogenic damage was reduced to zero.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine – is the precursor to glutathione, the body’s most abundant and important antioxidant and free radical scavenger. The top product to increase glutathione levels is Max GXL.
- Ginger protects the GI tract from radioactivity and increases glutathione
- Seleniomethionine is a potent antioxidant trace mineral. Studies with mice indicate protection from radioactivity
- Pectin, Alginates are fibers that will bind and chelate radioactive particles
- DTPA Chelation is the First Line of Defense for Immediate Radiation Poison chelation and elimination: http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/dtpa.asp
- EDTA Chelation is the Second Line of Defense